The Ultimate Handbook for flawlessly wrapping any gift every step of the way.
If you have a passion for design, you may agree with me that the art of wrapping presents is a beautiful way to express creativity. It's like a temporary canvas where you can experiment with colors, shapes, and textures that inspire you in the moment. But here's the twist: there is a science behind this art, and as Pablo Picasso once said, "You have to learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist."
So, before you embark on a shopping spree for wrapping paper and ribbons, let's take a step back and revisit the basics. Below, you'll find a detailed guide on how to wrap a present flawlessly.
Featured image by Anastasiya Pudova.
When it comes to gift wrapping, having a spacious flat surface to work on is incredibly helpful. In our new craft room, we have a work table that allows us to gather all our supplies and still have ample room to unroll a large roll of wrapping paper.
The most crucial step in achieving a neat present wrapping is starting with a properly sized piece of wrapping paper. This can be a bit challenging (and hard to explain!), so read closely.
1. Start by unrolling your wrapping paper with the front face down and place your gift on top of it. If your gift is a rectangle, align the longer sides of the box parallel to the end of the roll. Now, fold the end of the paper up and over the gift until it completely covers the box. Make a mark where the end of the paper meets the wrapping paper, and then add an extra inch. This will be the width of your paper.
2. Using the mark as your guide, cut along the line from the bottom to the top. We recommend using Sugar Paper wrapping paper from Target because it has a grid on the back, which makes cutting easier.
By now, you should have a piece of wrapping paper that is wide enough to cover your gift entirely, but it may be too long.
3. Double-check that your box is still in place. Then, fold the top edge of the wrapping paper to measure just slightly over halfway up the side of the box. For instance, if your box is 6 inches tall, aim for the paper to measure around 3.5 inches. Repeat the same process for the bottom edge of the box, and then cut the excess paper.
4. At this point, you should possess a sheet of gift wrap that is impeccably tailored to encompass your gift box. The paper should span horizontally from left to right, completely enveloping the box. Vertically, it should ascend halfway up the box's sides.
6 of 26
7 of 26
5. Take hold of the left and right sides of the paper and drape them over the box, allowing them to meet at the center. Firmly pull the paper taut and secure it in place using tape.
8 of 26
6. At the open end of the box, bend the paper over the corner, replicating the visual representation, and fold it over. For assurance, affix tape to firmly secure it onto the box.
9 of 26
7. Once again, recreate the creases depicted in the illustration.
8. Fold the two previously formed creased ends inward, as shown. Proceed to fold the bottom flap upwards, creating a firm crease, and then secure it in place using tape.
10 of 26
9. Replicate the aforementioned steps on the opposite end of the box. Afterward, take a moment to admire your flawlessly wrapped gift!
10. Now it's time to embellish your creation with a ribbon or bow of your preference!
11 of 26 Let the gift wrapping extravaganza commence! I've gathered all the finest scissors, ribbons, paper, tissue, bows, and more to assist you in adorning a present that will exude beauty beneath any Christmas tree.
This article was initially published on December 13, 2021, and has since undergone revisions.
Verb Usage:1. [person] (express, communicate) convey "hello," he expressed—hola—conveyed; what did you communicate? ¿qué comunicaste?; he communicated to me that... me comunicó que...; to communicate to oneself expresarse internamente; he expressed (that) he'd do it expresó que él lo haría;
How to Properly Say Hyundai: An English Speaker's GuideHyundai, an automobile manufacturer from South Korea, has gained significant popularity in the United States. To pronounce Hyundai correctly, follow these guidelines: Say it as "hye-un-dye," with emphasis on the second syllable. When pronouncing the
As an individual who frequently discusses digital currencies, I often encounter repetitive inquiries from my friends and family. The prevailing question is usually, "What exactly is Bitcoin?", followed by, "Do you possess any bitcoins?", and finally, "How does one correctly pronounce the term
Exploring the World of Charcuterie BoardsCharcuterie boards have become a trendy and fashionable way to present a diverse assortment of cured meats, both hard and soft cheeses, fruits, nuts, and other accompaniments like crackers or bread. They can be enjoyed as appetizers or even take center stage as